Facebook

The headquarters of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences in Széchenyi István square is one of the most distinguised representative buildings of Budapest, a symbol of Hungarian science. The building was opened in 1865. Although the institution itself was founded in 1825 by Count István Széchenyi, his palace was raised only in 1862-1865 according to plans by the Berlin-based architect August Friedrich Stüler. The Academy's headquarters at that time was a pioneering example of neoclassical architecture in Hungary, which also influenced the architectural development of the Hungarian capital. For a brief architectural history of the Palace of the Academy please follow this link

The elegant architecture of the interior, the decorative and sculptural decoration of its main halls is worthy of its high priority.For the anniversary, the photographer of the Institute of Art History, Research Centre for the Humanities of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Péter Hámori, has made a set of photographs of Ödön Lechner’works. (Photographs of the Museum of Applied Arts and the hotel at Szekszárd are by József Sisa). Photographs can be used under the Attribution licence of Creative Commons.

 

Facebook

Szakmai partnereink

Our partners

ciha logo

riha logo

Herder Institut logo

inha logo

lengyel logo

krakko logo

LUDWIG logo 2 

IMM logo 

BTM logo